Illuminating the Druggable Genome
Knowledge Management Center (IDG KMC)
subcontract to EMBL-EBI
Anne Hersey, Ph. D.
Acting Group Leader, European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI)
Wellcome Genome Campus
EMBL-EBI is the European Bioinformatics Institute as part of the European Molecular Biology Library. And as such, provide a large variety of data services as wells as developing research tools for accessing the data. Collaboration work with KMC-UNM was started by Dr. John P. Overington and is currently led by Dr. Anne Hersey. Focus of IDG work is on the automated annotation in combination with expert curation of patent literature and clinical drug candidate data.
Oprea, Tudor I; Overington, John P, Computational and Practical Aspects of Drug Repositioning., Assay Drug Dev Technol 13 (6): 299-306 (2015), PubMed Abstract: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26241209
- Anne Hersey info: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/about/people/anne-hersey/
- ChEMBL resource: https://www.ebi.ac.uk/chembl/
- GPCR SARfari: https://www.ebi.ac.uk/chembl/sarfari/gpcrsarfari/
- Kinase SARfari: https://www.ebi.ac.uk/chembl/sarfari/kinasesarfari/
- Link to IDG grant via NIH Reporter: Follow Link